Skip to main content

CHANGE! Enforcement of speed limiters begins Oct 1, FRSC boss speaks


Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Dr Boboye Oyeyemi, has announced that enforcement of the speed limiters on commercial vehicles operating in the country will commence nationwide on 1st October 2016.

Head of Media Relations and Strategy of the Corps, Bisi Kazeem quoted the Corps Marshal as making this announcement during a stakeholders’ meeting held at the FRSC National Headquarters Abuja with stakeholders from relevant government agencies and road transport unions.
Oyeyemi commended all the stakeholders for lending their voices and support in ensuring that the success of the policy, noting that without such support, it would have been difficult for the country to get to where it is today where enforcement date was no longer controversial.
He recalled that the initial date which was set for enforcement on the 1st of June 2015 did not come to reality in order to allow for further consultation and more public enlightenment programmes.
According to him, the Corps made a presentation to President Muhamadu Buhari and suggested the 1st of September 2015 as the new commencement date but the President declined and extended the date to 1st of April 2016.
He added that the two Chambers of the National Assembly suspended the enforcement pending when a public hearing was conducted by the House Committee on the FRSC.
(Dailytrust.com.ng)

Comments

Popular Posts

Dangote acquires 16,000 hectares for commercial farming in Jigawa

The Dangote Group on Thursday said it had concluded arrangements to develop 16,000 hectares of land for commercial farming in Kafin-Hausa Local Government Area of Jigawa State. The representative of the company, Femi Afolabi, said this during a community sensitisation exercise in Kafin-Hausa. Afolabi said the company would develop 15,000 hectares for rice cultivation, while 1,000 hectares had been earmarked for construction of a modern rice mill. He said another 10,000 hectares of land would also be developed for seed out-grower farm, adding that the measure was to encourage production of quality seed. According to him, the company will spend about $250 million on the project, which will generate about 50,000 jobs among rural dwellers. Breaking down the figures, Afolabi explained that $150 million was earmarked for rice cultivation in Kafin-Hausa, while $100 million was for industrial sugarcane production in Kaugama. He said the company had made adequate arrangements to ens...

Check out how Uc Graphic photo came to be

These are the people behind the amazing designs you see on UC Browser. Say hi and let them know your suggestions!

Besiktas to move for Mikel

Besiktas have turned their attention to Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel after a move for Liverpool's Lucas Leiva stalled on loan with the Reds now keen to keep the Brazilian.