Skip to main content

#TRAGEDY AS: Boko Haram Insurgents Razes Ngalda and Fika Towns In Yobe State

Suspected Boko Haram insurgents on May 30, 2015, reportedly stormed two Yobe towns, burning down a police station and several government buildings.

Report has it that the militants attacked Ngalda and Fika towns, Fika LGA, on Saturday evening. In Ngalda they sized fuel and robbed provision stores. Then the insurgents invaded Fika.

According to a resident of Fika, Malam Ahmadu Maikano, the gunmen entered the town in two hilux vans and opened fire.

“They burnt down police station, local government secretariat, LEA and departments of health, works,”he said.

Fortunately, no casualties were recorded. However, Maikano disclosed that the locals had been suspicious of the fighters’ advancement.

“That’s why many residents didn’t sleep in Ngalda and Fika, we all fled to save places,” Maikano added.

Toyin Gbadegesin, Yobe state police public relation officer, could not confirm the incident but vowed to call the police commissioner in the area to clarify the matter.

In a related report, suspected Boko Haram insurgents on Saturday carried out two separate attacks in Maiduguri, Borno state capital. Many people were reportedly killed, but the official death toll is yet to be provided.

Comments

Popular Posts

Justin Bieber takes front cover of GQ Magazine

Nice...

What the hell...

Return of batman??

Dangote acquires 16,000 hectares for commercial farming in Jigawa

The Dangote Group on Thursday said it had concluded arrangements to develop 16,000 hectares of land for commercial farming in Kafin-Hausa Local Government Area of Jigawa State. The representative of the company, Femi Afolabi, said this during a community sensitisation exercise in Kafin-Hausa. Afolabi said the company would develop 15,000 hectares for rice cultivation, while 1,000 hectares had been earmarked for construction of a modern rice mill. He said another 10,000 hectares of land would also be developed for seed out-grower farm, adding that the measure was to encourage production of quality seed. According to him, the company will spend about $250 million on the project, which will generate about 50,000 jobs among rural dwellers. Breaking down the figures, Afolabi explained that $150 million was earmarked for rice cultivation in Kafin-Hausa, while $100 million was for industrial sugarcane production in Kaugama. He said the company had made adequate arrangements to ens...