Skip to main content

Onyeka Onwenu And Patience Ozokwor At War

The 2015 general elections might have come and gone but it left a lot of chaos and rifts that might not be settled for a very long time.


Onyeka Onwenu


It is not a new thing for politicians to use famous entertainment celebrities, ranging from singers to actors and actresses to campaign. It is however strange for these celebs used in propagating the political goodwill of the politician to fight dirty in public glare over insignificant things. This, is the story of two entertainment moguls, Onyeka Onwenu and Patience Ozokwor.


Patience Ozokwor


According to ThisDay, these two entertainers who were once very good friends have turned into day and night over President Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election bid. It was made known that singer, broadcaster, actor and Director General, National Women Centre, Onyeka Onwenu made a call to the president in order to be a part of his campaign team.

According to popular belief, it is only a well-connected actor/ actress/musician that can see the president at the villa without going through Onyeka. Ozokwor however found a way to get to Aso Villa without Onyeka being in the picture, a step which got the singer slightly annoyed. It was made known that the musician ordered that Ozokwor should revert to her, but it just didn’t work.

It was also made known that the two Igbo women got into a brawl over who should be in charge of the distribution of Jonathan’s campaign fund to a group of certain artistes. At one of the meetings, the centre just couldn’t hold any more and things fell apart. Onwenu and Ozokwor allegedly openly abused themselves and called each other names. It took the intervention of Dame Patience Jonathan to calm the fighting women. They were said to have calmed down just because of the respect they have for the first lady but this obviously have not stopped various violent speeches from both sides at any given time.

Comments

Popular Posts

Dangote acquires 16,000 hectares for commercial farming in Jigawa

The Dangote Group on Thursday said it had concluded arrangements to develop 16,000 hectares of land for commercial farming in Kafin-Hausa Local Government Area of Jigawa State. The representative of the company, Femi Afolabi, said this during a community sensitisation exercise in Kafin-Hausa. Afolabi said the company would develop 15,000 hectares for rice cultivation, while 1,000 hectares had been earmarked for construction of a modern rice mill. He said another 10,000 hectares of land would also be developed for seed out-grower farm, adding that the measure was to encourage production of quality seed. According to him, the company will spend about $250 million on the project, which will generate about 50,000 jobs among rural dwellers. Breaking down the figures, Afolabi explained that $150 million was earmarked for rice cultivation in Kafin-Hausa, while $100 million was for industrial sugarcane production in Kaugama. He said the company had made adequate arrangements to ens...

Check out how Uc Graphic photo came to be

These are the people behind the amazing designs you see on UC Browser. Say hi and let them know your suggestions!

Besiktas to move for Mikel

Besiktas have turned their attention to Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel after a move for Liverpool's Lucas Leiva stalled on loan with the Reds now keen to keep the Brazilian.