Skip to main content

Man attempts rape on 94-year-old deaf, blind woman


A burglar who was caught attempting to rape a 94-year-old deaf and blind woman has been jailed for 14 years.

Gregory Willis, who had already removed the grandmother’s lower nightclothes was caught kneeling on the woman’s bed without his trousers on.

The judge who presided over the case described Willis’ action as “deeply shocking, horrifying and appalling as could possibly be imagined.”

According to Daily Mail, Judge John Pini added, “The victim is 94 years of age. She had not long before this left a nursing home to be cared for in a safe, loving environment for the remaining time of her life.

“She was registered blind, hard of hearing, had no short term memory, had poor balance and was doubly incontinent. She could not communicate. She was as frail and vulnerable as it is possible to be.’

The the victim’s son-in-law told the Daily Mail after the sentencing that he was ‘shocked and stunned that somebody could intend on doing such a thing’.

The victim, who was so frail she could barely communicate, had been sleeping on a hospital trolley in the front room of his home, having been left virtually bedridden since suffering a fall, he added.

A court heard drunken Willis had stumbled into the property on a middle class residential estate at 12.30am by trying an open door as a family gathering wound down.

--punchng.com

Comments

Popular Posts

Dangote acquires 16,000 hectares for commercial farming in Jigawa

The Dangote Group on Thursday said it had concluded arrangements to develop 16,000 hectares of land for commercial farming in Kafin-Hausa Local Government Area of Jigawa State. The representative of the company, Femi Afolabi, said this during a community sensitisation exercise in Kafin-Hausa. Afolabi said the company would develop 15,000 hectares for rice cultivation, while 1,000 hectares had been earmarked for construction of a modern rice mill. He said another 10,000 hectares of land would also be developed for seed out-grower farm, adding that the measure was to encourage production of quality seed. According to him, the company will spend about $250 million on the project, which will generate about 50,000 jobs among rural dwellers. Breaking down the figures, Afolabi explained that $150 million was earmarked for rice cultivation in Kafin-Hausa, while $100 million was for industrial sugarcane production in Kaugama. He said the company had made adequate arrangements to ens...

Check out how Uc Graphic photo came to be

These are the people behind the amazing designs you see on UC Browser. Say hi and let them know your suggestions!

Besiktas to move for Mikel

Besiktas have turned their attention to Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel after a move for Liverpool's Lucas Leiva stalled on loan with the Reds now keen to keep the Brazilian.