Skip to main content

The Scrapping Of Post-UTME Does Not Mean There Won't Be Screening

One of the major decisions taken at the end of the 2016 policy meeting that has all the stakeholders in the education in attendance, was that post-UTME should be scrapped.

Obviously, many candidates do not understand the import of this going by the number of calls we have been receiving concerning this.
Many of them think that since post-UTME has been scrapped there's not going to be any form of screening before they secure admission.
For the avoidance of doubt, schools are going to still conduct screening for candidates. However, the method of screening will differ depending on the school.
Now you may wonder what's the big deal about scrapping post-UTME in the first place? The scrapping of post-UTME only means that schools are not to conduct screening exercises similar to JAMB UTME. Many schools screening exercises seem more like sitting for JAMB UTME again because the same subjects you sat for in JAMB UTME are what you are being tested on again. According to the education minister, Mallam Adamu Adamu, that does not make sense.
So while schools were directed not to conduct screening exercises similar to JAMB UTME, they are at liberty to conduct other forms of screening for their candidates.
So if you have been whiling away time thinking that since post-UTME has been scrapped that there won't be any form of screening before you are admitted, you better wake up now and start preparing to avoid unpleasant surprises.
Credit: myschool.com.ng

Comments

Popular Posts

Justin Bieber takes front cover of GQ Magazine

Nice...

What the hell...

Return of batman??

Dangote acquires 16,000 hectares for commercial farming in Jigawa

The Dangote Group on Thursday said it had concluded arrangements to develop 16,000 hectares of land for commercial farming in Kafin-Hausa Local Government Area of Jigawa State. The representative of the company, Femi Afolabi, said this during a community sensitisation exercise in Kafin-Hausa. Afolabi said the company would develop 15,000 hectares for rice cultivation, while 1,000 hectares had been earmarked for construction of a modern rice mill. He said another 10,000 hectares of land would also be developed for seed out-grower farm, adding that the measure was to encourage production of quality seed. According to him, the company will spend about $250 million on the project, which will generate about 50,000 jobs among rural dwellers. Breaking down the figures, Afolabi explained that $150 million was earmarked for rice cultivation in Kafin-Hausa, while $100 million was for industrial sugarcane production in Kaugama. He said the company had made adequate arrangements to ens...