Skip to main content

President Buhari Condemns Terrorist Attacks In Umarari


President Muhammadu Buhari has condemned the terrorist attacks that left at least 26 dead and 18 others injured in Umarari-Mulai, in the outskirts of Maiduguri in Borno State.

President Buhari stated this on Wednesday in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital while commiserating with families of the victims of the twin blasts.
He assured that with the current renewed determination of the Nigerian security agencies, coupled with the regional and international attention, which is now constantly focused on the eradication of terrorism, the final end of Boko Haram is in sight.
The President noted that the condemnable and reprehensible attack on a place of worship by perpetrators, who pretended to be worshippers, has once again exposed them as mere criminals, who have no place among civilized people.
He expressed his deepest sympathy and condolence to the families of the victims and to the Government and people of Borno State over the incident.
Resolve To Defeat The Enemy
The President, who wished speedy recovery to those injured also commended the security agencies and care givers for their prompt deployment to the area.
He reaffirmed that those who perpetrate, finance, organise and sponsor these reprehensible acts of terrorism would not escape punishment.
President Buhari implored Nigerians to continue to remain vigilant to the antics of these lawless individuals and cooperate with the relevant government agencies in Nigeria’s unshaken resolve to defeat the enemy.
The President prayed that Almighty Allah would receive the souls of the departed.
Meanwhile, Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima, has also condemned the blasts, urging the locals to imbibe community policingas the only accurate solution to fishing criminals infiltrating towns.
Wednesday morning’s attackhas put Umarari Mulai in the news for the third time over suicide bombing attacks.
Umarari, a village barely six kilometres away from Maiduguri, is mostly occupied by residents dislodged by Boko Haram insurgents from adjourning villages.
The last attack carried out in December 2015, had involved several women and children fleeing from the outlawed terrorists in their original towns.

Comments

Popular Posts

Dangote acquires 16,000 hectares for commercial farming in Jigawa

The Dangote Group on Thursday said it had concluded arrangements to develop 16,000 hectares of land for commercial farming in Kafin-Hausa Local Government Area of Jigawa State. The representative of the company, Femi Afolabi, said this during a community sensitisation exercise in Kafin-Hausa. Afolabi said the company would develop 15,000 hectares for rice cultivation, while 1,000 hectares had been earmarked for construction of a modern rice mill. He said another 10,000 hectares of land would also be developed for seed out-grower farm, adding that the measure was to encourage production of quality seed. According to him, the company will spend about $250 million on the project, which will generate about 50,000 jobs among rural dwellers. Breaking down the figures, Afolabi explained that $150 million was earmarked for rice cultivation in Kafin-Hausa, while $100 million was for industrial sugarcane production in Kaugama. He said the company had made adequate arrangements to ens...

Check out how Uc Graphic photo came to be

These are the people behind the amazing designs you see on UC Browser. Say hi and let them know your suggestions!

Besiktas to move for Mikel

Besiktas have turned their attention to Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel after a move for Liverpool's Lucas Leiva stalled on loan with the Reds now keen to keep the Brazilian.