Skip to main content

Hilarious! Man Bans All Bankers From His Restaurant Because a Bank Refused to Give Him Loan (Photo)


A 30-year-old restaurant owner in Paris, Alexandre Callet, has banned all bankers from his gourmet eaterie - because he was turned down for a loan for £55,000.

Mirror Online reports that Callet says his‘reasonable requests’ to borrow money to open a second restaurant were repeatedly rejected by banks who ‘treated him like a dog’.
He said the refusal by banks to help him explains why so many French businesses are moving to London.
He has now placed a blackboard outside his restaurant Les Ecuries de Richlieu reading:“Dogs welcome, bankers banned (unless they pay an entry fee of €70,000).”
According to him, his establishment in the leafy Paris suburb of Reuil-Malmaison was profitable, had film stars as customers and was named in the prestigious Michelin guide.
He said: “I believe in reciprocity. I had to respond. If you hit me, I’ll hit you. As soon as I see a banker that I recognize I won’t let them enter my restaurant.
“They have treated me like a dog, so I have denied them access.”
Callet says he felt humiliated of because he was only asking the banks for a loan of 70,000 euros, which was ‘nothing’ compared to last year’s turnover 300,000 euros.
He added: “This is not just a kebab shop. My restaurant is in the Michelin guide and film stars come in here. A lot of bankers who turned me down know me.”
He was also turned down for a loan 20 times seven years ago, before one bank agreed to lend him money to open his first restaurant.
He said: “The way banks have treated me is a reflection of the shameful way business owners are treated in France. I have never had financial problems and yet I find myself in this situation. Bankers are not doing their job.
“France has problems understanding this. That’s why London has become the sixth French city.
“This is the problem with French socialism. We have more civil servants than anywhere in the world, we have a social welfare system that has a bigger budget than the American defence budget.
“There’s the 35-hour week. There is globalisation, yet our businesses are completely blocked. We can’t breathe.
“I have yet to turn away a banker, but I will the moment I spot one.”

Comments

Popular Posts

Ronaldo’s mother caught with €45,000 at airport

*Cristiano Ronaldo Dolores Aveiro, the mother of Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo, was stopped at Madrid’s Barajas Airport last month and caught carrying an illegally large amount of cash as she prepared to fly out of the country, the newspaper, El Mundo reported. According toThe Telegraph, 60-year-old Aveiro, who spends long periods of time with her multimillionaire footballer son in his luxury mansion outside Madrid, was held by border police at Barajas after it was found that she had €55,000 (£40,000) in her hand luggage. Rules against money laundering state that the maximum travellers are permitted to take out of Spain without declaring the transfer is €10,000. Aveiro had not filled out a declaration form and, according to the Spanish daily, was held by civil guard agents at the airport for a few minutes while the excess amount of cash was confiscated. She was then allowed to fly to Portugal with €10,000 in her handbag. Aveiro will now be fined at least €600 for the att...

See: The Notorious Boko Haram Kingpin Who Was Arrested Today By The Army (Photos)

Nigerian troops on Wednesday 23rd of September arrested scores of suspected Boko Haram terrorists including one of the Boko Haram kingpins in the area, Bulama Modu who happen to be the ‘Amir’ of Bulakuri (pictured below). The troops also rescued 241 women and children during the operation.

Facebook ranks Nigeria, Kenya top as active mobile users in Africa

Facebook has ranked Nigerian and Kenya top among the countries in Africa as the number one frontier-market for the medium in terms of mobiles to like, share and upload content on the social network. Nigeria has monthly users of 15 million on Facebook and following behind is Kenya 4.5 million users in 30 days.