Skip to main content

Raped By My Cousin At 9years, Gave Birth At 14 - Oprah Winfrey Reavels Shocking Past


Popular media mogul, Oprah Winfrey recently shared her painful past while speaking at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, Australia on December 2.

According to Oprah, she was rape at age 9 by her cousin and other family members. She added that she had a son at age 14 but he died.
In her words:“I was raped at 9 years old by a cousin, then again by another family member, and another family member. I took to my bed and cried for three days. I felt devastated. Wounded. Betrayed. How could this person do this to me? I imagined that every person on the street was going to point their finger at me and scream, ‘Pregnant at 14, you wicked girl … expelled!’And I soon realized that having the secret out was liberating. What I learned for sure was that holding the shame was the greatest burden of all.”
At the event, Oprah reportedly talked for about two hours sharing the wisdom gathered from what she described as“37,000 interviews conducted over a quarter-century hosting a daytime television show”.
During her show called ‘An evening with Oprah’, she revealed that“I did an interview with a reporter before I came to Australia and she said you should name the baby son who died. So I have named him, I had a little boy named Canaan. I did have a son. And I named him Canaan because Canaan means new land, new life.”

Comments

Popular Posts

Ronaldo’s mother caught with €45,000 at airport

*Cristiano Ronaldo Dolores Aveiro, the mother of Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo, was stopped at Madrid’s Barajas Airport last month and caught carrying an illegally large amount of cash as she prepared to fly out of the country, the newspaper, El Mundo reported. According toThe Telegraph, 60-year-old Aveiro, who spends long periods of time with her multimillionaire footballer son in his luxury mansion outside Madrid, was held by border police at Barajas after it was found that she had €55,000 (£40,000) in her hand luggage. Rules against money laundering state that the maximum travellers are permitted to take out of Spain without declaring the transfer is €10,000. Aveiro had not filled out a declaration form and, according to the Spanish daily, was held by civil guard agents at the airport for a few minutes while the excess amount of cash was confiscated. She was then allowed to fly to Portugal with €10,000 in her handbag. Aveiro will now be fined at least €600 for the att...

See: The Notorious Boko Haram Kingpin Who Was Arrested Today By The Army (Photos)

Nigerian troops on Wednesday 23rd of September arrested scores of suspected Boko Haram terrorists including one of the Boko Haram kingpins in the area, Bulama Modu who happen to be the ‘Amir’ of Bulakuri (pictured below). The troops also rescued 241 women and children during the operation.

BBA Huddah Monroe Shares New Photo

Check out beautiful photos of the former BBA star.