Skip to main content

4 hemp dealers arrested after Ambode’s tip-off

The policemen attached to the Rapid Response Squad of the Lagos State Police Command have arrested four suspected dealers with 18 sacks of Indian hemp.

The RRS Commander, ACP Olatunji Disu, said the suspects ─ QuadriJimoh, 23; Tajudeen Busari, 33; Ukowa Udomma, 34; and Yakubu Mudashiru, 30 ─ were arrested after the police got a tip-off from the state Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, about the activities of the dealers in the Oyingbo-Otto area.
He urged Lagosians to emulate the governor by always furnishing the police with timely and effective information.
He said, “The police acted after we received a tip-off from Governor Akinwunmi Ambode. We arrested a gang of narcotic specialists with 18 sacks of Indian hemp.
“The information we heard was that the dealers had also been terrorising the Oyingbo-Otto area before their arrest.
“With information from members of public, the work of the police will be made easier. We cannot do it all alone; we rely on hints from the people.”
Disu added that the suspects would be transferred to the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency.
However, Jimoh and Busari, said they were victims of circumstances, claiming they knew nothing about the hemp.
Jimoh said, “My wife, who is six-months pregnant, called me to buy some prescribed medications for her. On my way to the pharmacy, I saw people running helter-skelter and I also ran with them. But I was arrested by the police.”
Busari said, “I was passing by when I saw people running for their lives. I also ran before the policemen intercepted me.”
But Udomma and Mudashiru said they were not dealers, adding that they only smoke hemp. They identified one Olumide, who is now at large, as the dealer.
“I went there to buy hemp before I found myself inside the police net,” Uduma said.
Mudashiru, who stated that he was a regular visitor to the house where the drug was found, said, “My house was razed down by fire. Since then, I have been sleeping inside the Oyingbo Motor Park. I went to that place to smoke on the fateful day.”

Comments

Popular Posts

See: The Notorious Boko Haram Kingpin Who Was Arrested Today By The Army (Photos)

Nigerian troops on Wednesday 23rd of September arrested scores of suspected Boko Haram terrorists including one of the Boko Haram kingpins in the area, Bulama Modu who happen to be the ‘Amir’ of Bulakuri (pictured below). The troops also rescued 241 women and children during the operation.

Zahra and Kiki: Nigeria’s newest divas

Few months back, nobody really knew who Zahra Buhari was. In fact, if not that she is one of the daughters of Nigeria’s President- elect, General Muhamadu Buhari (retd), Zahra, indeed, would have just been like any other babe, a fine girl. But then, politics came, her father picked up the presidential ticket for his party, All Progressive Congress, followed it up with a massive political campaign and boom, Zahra surfaced! Now, as the daughter of the first family, it isn’t out of the ordinary that the lady and her siblings, would be under the scrutiny of the media, being the children of the first family. But even before people would wonder and speculate about the children of the presidential candidate of the APC and now the President-elect, Zahra made it easier for nosy parkers; she posted an incredible picture of herself online. Yes, her picture hit the Internet in the thick of the election campaign and undeniably, the young lady practically broke the internet. She is pretty an...

The Good Thing About Sex Dolls That Many Guys And Girls Are Ignorant Of

Sex Dolls has been trending for a while now since it's entrance into social media. Reactions are enormous. Especially here in Nigeria.