Skip to main content

15-year-old Arabic pupil kills neighbour

The police in Lagos have arrested a 15-year-old Arabic pupil, Sodiq Isa, for allegedly beating a neighbour, Johnson Adeboye, 26, to death with a stick.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the duo had a disagreement after the deceased complained that the suspect was making a noise with a plate.
The suspect was alleged to have abused the deceased, which led to a fight.
In the course of the scuffle, Isa, who is the third of four children, beat the deceased to death with a stick.
He was said to have been arrested by policemen from the Amukoko division before he was transferred to the State Department of Criminal Investigation, Yaba.
The incident happened on Townhall Street in the Amukoko area of Lagos.
The suspect, who hails from Ayereke in Kwara State, said Adeboye, aKeke Marwa(tricycle) driver, had first attacked him, and he was forced to retaliate.
He said he was returning from the school on December 5, when his food plate fell from his hand.
He said, “I was returning from Arabic school at about 5pm that day. The plate I used in taking food to school fell from my hands. I picked it up and went to a shop close by to clean it up.
“There was a table in front of the shop; so, I hit the plate on the table to remove the sand inside the plate. Johnson (Adeboye) was in front of the shop, and he told me that I was making a noise with it.
“I told him I was only trying to clean up the sand in the plate. He asked me if I was mad, that why should I be talking to him like that. I responded and told him I was not mad. He warned me that if I continued to talk back at him, he would beat me up. I ignored his threat and walked home.”
He added that the victim followed him home and continued the threat.
Later, Isa’s grandma, who was at home at the time, reportedly intervened and asked what the matter was. The suspect claimed that he was explaining what had transpired to her when the victim attacked him from behind.
“Johnson came from behind and started beating me. Some people around separated us and he left, but he returned some minutes later to assault me again.
“People separated us for the second time, but he went to call one of his friends. Both of them started assaulting me.
“It was at this point that I felt the urge to defend myself. I picked a stick on the ground and hit Johnson on the head. Immediately, he fell and became unconscious. Neighbours gathered and rushed him to the hospital. But it was too late as he was already dead,” he added.
The suspect, who said he wanted to be an Islamic cleric, begged for forgiveness, saying it was not his intention to kill the deceased.
The Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Joe Offor, confirmed the incident, adding that investigations were ongoing.

Comments

Popular Posts

Ronaldo’s mother caught with €45,000 at airport

*Cristiano Ronaldo Dolores Aveiro, the mother of Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo, was stopped at Madrid’s Barajas Airport last month and caught carrying an illegally large amount of cash as she prepared to fly out of the country, the newspaper, El Mundo reported. According toThe Telegraph, 60-year-old Aveiro, who spends long periods of time with her multimillionaire footballer son in his luxury mansion outside Madrid, was held by border police at Barajas after it was found that she had €55,000 (£40,000) in her hand luggage. Rules against money laundering state that the maximum travellers are permitted to take out of Spain without declaring the transfer is €10,000. Aveiro had not filled out a declaration form and, according to the Spanish daily, was held by civil guard agents at the airport for a few minutes while the excess amount of cash was confiscated. She was then allowed to fly to Portugal with €10,000 in her handbag. Aveiro will now be fined at least €600 for the att...

See: The Notorious Boko Haram Kingpin Who Was Arrested Today By The Army (Photos)

Nigerian troops on Wednesday 23rd of September arrested scores of suspected Boko Haram terrorists including one of the Boko Haram kingpins in the area, Bulama Modu who happen to be the ‘Amir’ of Bulakuri (pictured below). The troops also rescued 241 women and children during the operation.

BBA Huddah Monroe Shares New Photo

Check out beautiful photos of the former BBA star.