Skip to main content

Perez condemns Madrid plans to sell Ronaldo

Speaking at press conference at which the Real Madrid president gave his full backing to under-fire coach Rafa Benitez, Florentino Perez has denied the club are looking to sell Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer transfer window.

The Portuguese star has been continually linked with a move to PSG and a return to the Premier League at the end of the season, but the Blancos supremo moved to quash the rumours.
“Those who say I want to sell Cristiano do so in an attempt to destabilise [my position],” the 68-year-old told the press.
“It annoys me that journalists said I have been attending any lunch meetings to discuss Ronaldo’s sale.
“I have never dined with Paris Saint-Germain’s president or [Ronaldo’s agent] Jorge Mendes to sell Ronaldo.
“Those who think I would meet with the president of PSG on the same day as a crucial match to talk about selling Ronaldo are naive.”
Reports had also claimed that the Portuguese star himself had issued Perez with a ‘him or me’ ultimatum ahead of Monday’s impromptu presser, which the Madrid chief also denied.
“Cristiano Ronaldo has never spoken out against the coach or anyone else at the club. It’s at a point where I’m having to deny false stories every day.”

Comments

Popular Posts

See: The Notorious Boko Haram Kingpin Who Was Arrested Today By The Army (Photos)

Nigerian troops on Wednesday 23rd of September arrested scores of suspected Boko Haram terrorists including one of the Boko Haram kingpins in the area, Bulama Modu who happen to be the ‘Amir’ of Bulakuri (pictured below). The troops also rescued 241 women and children during the operation.