Skip to main content

I grew tired of being in movies that had no message – Bimbo Akintola

Nollywood Actress, Bimbo Akintola has explained why she has been off our screens in recent times.
The actress whom many thought had stopped acting recently returned in the Ebola movie ’93 Days’ where she played late Nigerian heroine Dr Adadevoh.

Asked if she took time off to rebrand to rebrand, the actress said she only decided to be choosy about scripts.
In her own words, “It is not a matter of rebranding! It is a matter of believing in something. I started talking to myself that I am tired of being in every movie that doesn’t say anything. I decided I want to be part of movies that say something and I choose my script now. We as actors have a duty to Nigeria, because we are known, so people use that popularity to make a difference. So with me, I am only doing stories that mean something to me.”
She also revealed she took a break to work on her physique at her local gym.

Comments

Popular Posts

See: The Notorious Boko Haram Kingpin Who Was Arrested Today By The Army (Photos)

Nigerian troops on Wednesday 23rd of September arrested scores of suspected Boko Haram terrorists including one of the Boko Haram kingpins in the area, Bulama Modu who happen to be the ‘Amir’ of Bulakuri (pictured below). The troops also rescued 241 women and children during the operation.

Zahra and Kiki: Nigeria’s newest divas

Few months back, nobody really knew who Zahra Buhari was. In fact, if not that she is one of the daughters of Nigeria’s President- elect, General Muhamadu Buhari (retd), Zahra, indeed, would have just been like any other babe, a fine girl. But then, politics came, her father picked up the presidential ticket for his party, All Progressive Congress, followed it up with a massive political campaign and boom, Zahra surfaced! Now, as the daughter of the first family, it isn’t out of the ordinary that the lady and her siblings, would be under the scrutiny of the media, being the children of the first family. But even before people would wonder and speculate about the children of the presidential candidate of the APC and now the President-elect, Zahra made it easier for nosy parkers; she posted an incredible picture of herself online. Yes, her picture hit the Internet in the thick of the election campaign and undeniably, the young lady practically broke the internet. She is pretty an...

The Good Thing About Sex Dolls That Many Guys And Girls Are Ignorant Of

Sex Dolls has been trending for a while now since it's entrance into social media. Reactions are enormous. Especially here in Nigeria.