Skip to main content

Soludo, Fayemi spotted at Aso Villa

A former Central Bank of Nigeria Governor, Charles Soludo, was on Monday evening sighted at the Aso Rock Villa.
He was seen signing the visitors’ register on his way to the office of the Chief of Staff to the President, ‎Alhaji Abba Kyari, around 5.30 pm.
But it could not be established if Soludo, who wore a cream-colored kaftan, was able to see President Muhammadu Buhari.

His visit came at a time the President was concluding work on the list of ministerial nominees he would be sending to the National Assembly before the end of September.
Soludo, who served as CBN governor under the administrations of Olusegun Obasanjo and Umar Yar’Adua, had, on June 7, 2015, said he was not interested in working for Buhari’s government.
Soludo had been critical of the financial management of the economy by the Jonathan administration, accusing it of supervising the leakage of N30 trillion from the system.
He had denied speculations in a report that he criticised Jonathan’s administration in the hope of getting an appointment from Buhari.
Soludo stated that he was involved with some think-tank groups and did not have time to work with the government.
“I am having great fun exploring totally new vistas of opportunity that are central to Africa’s great leap in the 21st century. I read that President Buhari will give priority to solid minerals.
“We can provide free advisory services and perhaps assist to mobilise investment in the sector or in any other areas if our advice is needed. In effect, there are several ways we can assist the government to succeed but not necessarily to take up full time appointment. No, not now,” he had said.
Also at the State House was the immediate past governor of Ekiti state, Dr. Kayode Fayemi.
Fayemi, who wore a dark-colored kaftan with a cap, also entered the COS’ office about 30 minutes after Soludo.
The two men waited for Kyari because he was in the President’s office when they entered the State House.

Comments

Popular Posts

Justin Bieber takes front cover of GQ Magazine

Nice...

What the hell...

Return of batman??

Dangote acquires 16,000 hectares for commercial farming in Jigawa

The Dangote Group on Thursday said it had concluded arrangements to develop 16,000 hectares of land for commercial farming in Kafin-Hausa Local Government Area of Jigawa State. The representative of the company, Femi Afolabi, said this during a community sensitisation exercise in Kafin-Hausa. Afolabi said the company would develop 15,000 hectares for rice cultivation, while 1,000 hectares had been earmarked for construction of a modern rice mill. He said another 10,000 hectares of land would also be developed for seed out-grower farm, adding that the measure was to encourage production of quality seed. According to him, the company will spend about $250 million on the project, which will generate about 50,000 jobs among rural dwellers. Breaking down the figures, Afolabi explained that $150 million was earmarked for rice cultivation in Kafin-Hausa, while $100 million was for industrial sugarcane production in Kaugama. He said the company had made adequate arrangements to ens...