Skip to main content

Lagos police arrest 14 suspected cult members

The Police Command in Lagos State on Tuesday said it arrested 14 suspected cult members for allegedly terrorising Mushin residence.
This is contained in a statement signed by the command’s spokesperson in Lagos, DSP Patricia Amadin, .

Amadin said the suspects were arrested on August 24 at Mushin Area of Lagos.
“The Lagos State Police Command has recorded yet another success in its fight against Cultism and Armed Robbery in the state.
“In a bid to make good its promise to chase out armed robbers and cultists from the state, the command has smashed a notorious robbery/cultist group.
“This group has continuously unleashed a reign of terror on the residents of Mushin and Idi-Oro Areas of Lagos,” it stated.
According to the statement, acting on diligently sourced and managed intelligence, the command swooped in on the gang and 14 members have so far been arrested.
It stated that the Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr. Fatai Owoseni, urged the people of Lagos to be calm and continue to furnish the police with vibrant and actionable intelligence.
Owoseni also warned all cult members and robbers that the police would employ all legal means within its disposal to decisively deal with them and their sponsors cum benefactors.
He added that unless the group desisted from its nefarious activities, there shall be no hiding place for them.

Comments

Popular Posts

Aha! New Deadly Snake Species Found in Australia

There is a new deadly snake found in Western Australia, specifically in the north region of Kimberley. Hence, this is called Kimberley death adder; named after the place where it was discovered. This is known to be one of the top 10 deadliest snakes in the world. Though this is rarely found in other parts of the world, this is endemic in Western Australia where it was found.

[PHOTOS] Phyno Becomes Nairabet Ambassador!

Popular indigenous rapper Azubuike Chibuzo Nelson, well known as Phyno has joined the list of entertainers as ambassador of online sports betting portal, Nairabet.

We will work with Buhari to destroy BokoHaram, says US

The United States of America has said it will work with President Muhammadu Buhari to stop the menace of Boko Haram in Nigeria and its neighbouring countries. Erstwhile President Goodluck Jonathan had complained during his tenure about the unwillingness of the American government to assist Nigeria in prosecuting the war against the terrorist group, especially in selling weapons to the country. But Washington said it would work with Buhari to likely increase the US’ level of support though it did not say whether that would include sales of lethal weapons earlier requested for by the Federal Government. The US Assistant Secretary, Bureau of African Affairs, Linda Thomas-Greenfield, during a telephone press briefing on Monday, held in South Africa at the 25th African Union Summit, and monitored by our correspondent in Lagos, stated that Washington was committed to ensuring that Nigeria wins its battle against the terrorist group. “Fighting terrorism is not easy. Since 2001 we have...