Skip to main content

Kaduna Assures Intending Pilgrims On Hajj

Chairman of Task Force of the 2015 hajj exercise in Kaduna State, Senator Sani Sale, has assured intending pilgrims in the state who have paid for this year's exercise that none of them would be left behind.

Sale who spoke with newsmen at the Mando Hajj Camp in Kaduna yesterday, said the task force had sanitised this year's operation because the Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board now has a credible register.
He said the task force had painstakingly verified all names on the register in order to make sure that no pilgrim who has paid for the trip is swapped for another.
The chairman said the task force had conducted a one day public hearing in all senatorial districts in order to receive complaints from intending pilgrims who have paid but will not make the trip due to no fault of theirs.
While noting that most of the complaints concerned the previous hajj operations, he said the task force would submit its report to the state government after returning from Saudi Arabia, adding that officials found wanting may be handed over to the police. The state had at yesterday airlifted 3,158 pilgrims to Saudi Arabia.

Comments

Popular Posts

Yemi Alade Shows Off Her Natural Hair

Pin-Up Naturalista! Yemi Alade Shows Off Her Short ‘fro Afro pop singer, Yemi Alade is all about the natural hair life. A few hours ago she posted this photo praising her natural hair that seems to be coming out of a split end phase. She captioned the photo – “Awwww mi natural hurrr….Thank You Lord…no more split ends.” We’re happy too Yemi…we’re happy too!

Dangote acquires 16,000 hectares for commercial farming in Jigawa

The Dangote Group on Thursday said it had concluded arrangements to develop 16,000 hectares of land for commercial farming in Kafin-Hausa Local Government Area of Jigawa State. The representative of the company, Femi Afolabi, said this during a community sensitisation exercise in Kafin-Hausa. Afolabi said the company would develop 15,000 hectares for rice cultivation, while 1,000 hectares had been earmarked for construction of a modern rice mill. He said another 10,000 hectares of land would also be developed for seed out-grower farm, adding that the measure was to encourage production of quality seed. According to him, the company will spend about $250 million on the project, which will generate about 50,000 jobs among rural dwellers. Breaking down the figures, Afolabi explained that $150 million was earmarked for rice cultivation in Kafin-Hausa, while $100 million was for industrial sugarcane production in Kaugama. He said the company had made adequate arrangements to ens...

Besiktas to move for Mikel

Besiktas have turned their attention to Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel after a move for Liverpool's Lucas Leiva stalled on loan with the Reds now keen to keep the Brazilian.