Skip to main content

That Was Close! Buhari ‘escapes’ mob at praying ground



President Muhammadu Buhari narrowly escaped a mob that besieged the praying ground where he offered prayers in Abuja on Friday morning.

Narrating the experience to a delegation that paid him Sallah homage at the presidential villa, Buhari said it is only God who can protect any leader.

He said the crowd comprising youths almost overwhelmed his security personnel.

“During and after the prayers, I was bombarded by youths, who almost overwhelmed my security,” he said.

“All the policemen that were deployed and soldiers since 6am before I came out two hours later in the rain, could not protect.

“I had to hold tight to my gown to get to my car; I was advised to enter the car from the ADC’s side and I refused; I went across trying to hold my hand to the wild youth who wanted to see me.

“This shows that, it is only God that protects leaders. In a situation like this, anybody with a knife can get access and do a lot of damage.

Recalling the assassination attempt on former president Ronald Reagan of the United States during his first year in office, Buhari said: “only God protects. I hope God will continue to protect us.

Comments

Popular Posts

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Girlfriend welcome baby girl

The Rock’s girlfriend Lauren Hashian gave birth to a healthy baby girl on Wednesday, sources confirmed to E! News. This is the first child for the couple together and the second for Dwayne, who has a 14-year-old daughter named Simone with ex-wife Dany Garcia. Dwayne was very emotional and excited seeing his newborn daughter for the first time, says an insider, adding that the proud dad is thrilled for mom and baby to both be doing so well. Both parents are said to be beyond happy for this next chapter in their lives. CONGRATS TO THEM.

I Am in Rehab and Receiving Treatment - Majek Fashek

Renowned reggae musician, Majek Fashek known for his famous song, “send down the rain” is now receiving care at a rehabilitation facility to address his drug addiction. The musician who spoke to journalists at the rehabilitation facility in Abuja, “Synapse Services”, noted that he is on his way to recovery because he choose to listen to advise and seek treatment for his addiction.

Check This Out!