Skip to main content

That Was Close! Buhari ‘escapes’ mob at praying ground



President Muhammadu Buhari narrowly escaped a mob that besieged the praying ground where he offered prayers in Abuja on Friday morning.

Narrating the experience to a delegation that paid him Sallah homage at the presidential villa, Buhari said it is only God who can protect any leader.

He said the crowd comprising youths almost overwhelmed his security personnel.

“During and after the prayers, I was bombarded by youths, who almost overwhelmed my security,” he said.

“All the policemen that were deployed and soldiers since 6am before I came out two hours later in the rain, could not protect.

“I had to hold tight to my gown to get to my car; I was advised to enter the car from the ADC’s side and I refused; I went across trying to hold my hand to the wild youth who wanted to see me.

“This shows that, it is only God that protects leaders. In a situation like this, anybody with a knife can get access and do a lot of damage.

Recalling the assassination attempt on former president Ronald Reagan of the United States during his first year in office, Buhari said: “only God protects. I hope God will continue to protect us.

Comments

Popular Posts

See: The Notorious Boko Haram Kingpin Who Was Arrested Today By The Army (Photos)

Nigerian troops on Wednesday 23rd of September arrested scores of suspected Boko Haram terrorists including one of the Boko Haram kingpins in the area, Bulama Modu who happen to be the ‘Amir’ of Bulakuri (pictured below). The troops also rescued 241 women and children during the operation.