Skip to main content

FIPAG disowns Hanks Anuku, others arrest



It was reported that a movie crew of 11 were arrested at dawn on Friday for allegedly causing fear and panic during the shooting of a television series on the Spintex Road in Accra.

The crew, comprising five women and six men, including a popular Nigerian actor, Hanks Anuku, were said to have fired gunshots indiscriminately about 3 a.m. yesterday.

Public Relations Officer of the Film Producers Association of Ghana (FIPAG), Micheal Kwaku Ola has told Hitz FM that the association does not know the production house the filmmakers were working for.


“Our executives are struggling this morning to find out who this person is that is why some of our people are at the police station and some are also doing checks to find out who that person is; whether the person is a Ghanaian, has he registered his company, how they even got Hans Anuku to shoot a movie in Ghana, have they sought working permit for Hanks and many others. For now, we don’t know him.”

Ola said, “FIPAG will deal with the arrested people after the police case has been settled. Educating filmmakers on how to acquire permission before shooting a movie in Ghana, Micheal kwaku Ola said, “we are trying very hard to streamline things so that we will be aware of every production going on in the country. We have offices in all the regions in the country so movie makers can go to any of these offices”.

We got a report that the arrested people have been granted bail.

Comments

Popular Posts

Dangote acquires 16,000 hectares for commercial farming in Jigawa

The Dangote Group on Thursday said it had concluded arrangements to develop 16,000 hectares of land for commercial farming in Kafin-Hausa Local Government Area of Jigawa State. The representative of the company, Femi Afolabi, said this during a community sensitisation exercise in Kafin-Hausa. Afolabi said the company would develop 15,000 hectares for rice cultivation, while 1,000 hectares had been earmarked for construction of a modern rice mill. He said another 10,000 hectares of land would also be developed for seed out-grower farm, adding that the measure was to encourage production of quality seed. According to him, the company will spend about $250 million on the project, which will generate about 50,000 jobs among rural dwellers. Breaking down the figures, Afolabi explained that $150 million was earmarked for rice cultivation in Kafin-Hausa, while $100 million was for industrial sugarcane production in Kaugama. He said the company had made adequate arrangements to ens...

Check out how Uc Graphic photo came to be

These are the people behind the amazing designs you see on UC Browser. Say hi and let them know your suggestions!

Besiktas to move for Mikel

Besiktas have turned their attention to Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel after a move for Liverpool's Lucas Leiva stalled on loan with the Reds now keen to keep the Brazilian.