Skip to main content

Even at 64, I won’t stop acting like young boy –Charly Boy


Charly Boy

Controversial singer, Charles Oputa, just clocked 64 and anybody who expects the funky grandfather to change his lifestyle might be in for a long wait.

In an exclusive interview with Saturday Beats, the Area Fada, as he is also known, said nothing was going to stop him from looking and acting like a young boy, no matter his age.

“There will always be that boy that lives in me. I don’t want to be like you people who want to grow old, be adults, and go through all the shenanigans of adulthood. I just want to be peaceful and playful, so I can’t kill that boy. That boy will always live in me, and that is what has given me that spiritual calm and that is why I relate better with younger people than older people, and I love children more than older people, who are full of intrigues. So, I’m not interested in all that.”

“Wetin I dey take old people dey do? They are old and they are in a hurry to get into their graves, I’m not. You even hear people saying how old they are, as if they are rushing to go somewhere. Life is for living, for me,” he said.

He is known for posting weird and outrageous photographs online which has earned him so many abusive names from fans and foes.

But does this bother him? No way!

“If I’m bothered, I would have stopped. You think say I send them message? I don’t live for the society. People are wondering what people like me are trying to say, but this is a downcast society, no matter how civilised people think we are. Why should I be bothered? I am who I am and I’m not worried about stigmatisation or labelling of any kind. Because I have strong confidence in my person, so I no see anybody. Anything wey you dey talk, na for your pocket, as long as I’m not hurting anybody. What business do we have in being this wretched, when we allow riffraff, thieves and hooligans to rule us just because they have money? Our value system is broken down. Where is our pedigree or heritage? We allow gangsters to terrorise our lives. What is that? Is that the kind of society that will tell a whole Charly Boy what to do? No. Rather, I need to teach them a few things about how to have a better mindset. I could have done better than Jonathan. Not even me, my son could have done better than him,” he said.

Now that he has reached a new age, Charly Boy says retirement is not even for him.

“Wetin dey worry una sef? So anybody above 60 should go around with a walking stick and retire to the farmland. What’s that? Do I look like someone who is tired? Precisely, life is just starting for me. I’m planning to come back and very soon you’d see me everywhere. I’ve been on sabbatical for some time, for my spiritual rebirth, so I’m out now and I’m younger and fresher. Me and una wey young go drag am o,” he said.

Comments

Popular Posts

OMG! Small Children Rocking Themselves In Intimate Dance At A Party

Underage kids were video here dancing erotically to an equally indecent music at a children's party. After watching this video, I was was more than convinced that we are the last generation of homo sapiens (wise man/woman), the next generation are just evolving into some species that will shake everything we call values.

Wahala! Arsenal facing investigation after fans ripped up Tottenham hoardings at White Hart Lane

A section of Arsenal fans are set to face an investigation from the police and the Football Association after tearing down hoardings at White Hart Lane following Wednesday's League Cup victory over Tottenham.

Egypt pull out of 2015 All African Games football event

The north African country have withdrawn from the football events of Brazzaville 2015 according to the Confederation of African Football Egypt have withdrawn from participating in the men and women’s football events of the 2015 All African Games billed for Brazzaville in September.