Skip to main content

SO HUMBLE: Plateau State Governor-Elect Refuses To Live In New Gov House Because It Is Too Expensive

Simon Lalong, Plateau state governor-elect, refuses to work from the new government house in Jos because he considers it a way too luxurious place.


*Simon Lalong


The incoming head of the state said he did not need such an expensive property to serve people.

Lalong was quoted as saying by The Nation:

“I am not going to occupy an uncompleted building as a government house. In any case, I don’t need such a house to work for the people of Plateau state.

“In serving Plateau people, I don’t need a luxury office. I’d rather prefer people of the state live in luxury homes with all social services provided. So, I don’t think a new government house is a priority of Plateau people. I don’t need such an office to serve my people.

“I was told that new government house has cost over N15 billion and it is still uncompleted. I can’t live in such an office when Plateau people have no water to drink, children are not going to school, civil servants are not paid, there is no medical care in rural areas and most villages have no roads. So, I don’t need such capital-intensive government house. Such a project amounts to a misapplication of scarce fund.”

Speaking further about the current state of Plateau, Lalond vowed to review and complete the ongoing projects.

He also recalled that Governor Jonah Jang was leaving the office”owing the civil servants at least seven months of unpaid salaries and unquantified workers’ allowances and pensioners’ funds”. Thus, the incoming leader stressed the importance of setting up a committee to properly deal with the situation.

Last month Lalong alleged that the outgoing administration was going to sell off the government properties before the power handover. Jang, however, characterized the allegations as baseless.

Comments

Popular Posts

See: The Notorious Boko Haram Kingpin Who Was Arrested Today By The Army (Photos)

Nigerian troops on Wednesday 23rd of September arrested scores of suspected Boko Haram terrorists including one of the Boko Haram kingpins in the area, Bulama Modu who happen to be the ‘Amir’ of Bulakuri (pictured below). The troops also rescued 241 women and children during the operation.

Zahra and Kiki: Nigeria’s newest divas

Few months back, nobody really knew who Zahra Buhari was. In fact, if not that she is one of the daughters of Nigeria’s President- elect, General Muhamadu Buhari (retd), Zahra, indeed, would have just been like any other babe, a fine girl. But then, politics came, her father picked up the presidential ticket for his party, All Progressive Congress, followed it up with a massive political campaign and boom, Zahra surfaced! Now, as the daughter of the first family, it isn’t out of the ordinary that the lady and her siblings, would be under the scrutiny of the media, being the children of the first family. But even before people would wonder and speculate about the children of the presidential candidate of the APC and now the President-elect, Zahra made it easier for nosy parkers; she posted an incredible picture of herself online. Yes, her picture hit the Internet in the thick of the election campaign and undeniably, the young lady practically broke the internet. She is pretty an...

The Good Thing About Sex Dolls That Many Guys And Girls Are Ignorant Of

Sex Dolls has been trending for a while now since it's entrance into social media. Reactions are enormous. Especially here in Nigeria.