Skip to main content

Nicki Minaj Faces $30 Million Wig Lawsuit



Nicki Minaj’s wig game is strong. But is it stolen?

Last year a judge dismissed a $30 million lawsuit against Minaj by her former hairstylist Terrence Davidson, who said she stole his multi-color wig designs and reneged on a partnership. However an appeals court has just reinstated the case.

Minaj had argued that you can’t trademark wig designs, she never had a contract with Davidson, and he’s just bitter because she got rid of him in 2013.

Now she’ll have to make all these arguments again, and if the court doesn’t buy them she could have to pay big. A wig trial could be tricky, financial considerations aside. But it wouldn’t have nearly the potential for embarrassment as Nicki’s plastic surgeon turning on her would.

Comments

Popular Posts

Dangote acquires 16,000 hectares for commercial farming in Jigawa

The Dangote Group on Thursday said it had concluded arrangements to develop 16,000 hectares of land for commercial farming in Kafin-Hausa Local Government Area of Jigawa State. The representative of the company, Femi Afolabi, said this during a community sensitisation exercise in Kafin-Hausa. Afolabi said the company would develop 15,000 hectares for rice cultivation, while 1,000 hectares had been earmarked for construction of a modern rice mill. He said another 10,000 hectares of land would also be developed for seed out-grower farm, adding that the measure was to encourage production of quality seed. According to him, the company will spend about $250 million on the project, which will generate about 50,000 jobs among rural dwellers. Breaking down the figures, Afolabi explained that $150 million was earmarked for rice cultivation in Kafin-Hausa, while $100 million was for industrial sugarcane production in Kaugama. He said the company had made adequate arrangements to ens...

Check out how Uc Graphic photo came to be

These are the people behind the amazing designs you see on UC Browser. Say hi and let them know your suggestions!

Besiktas to move for Mikel

Besiktas have turned their attention to Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel after a move for Liverpool's Lucas Leiva stalled on loan with the Reds now keen to keep the Brazilian.