Skip to main content

11-year-old charged with 'shooting toddler in the face' while playing

A boy has been charged with the manslaughter of a three year old in a shooting death in Detroit.
The boy, who cannot be named to protect his identity, allegedly shot the three-year-old in the face while they were playing in a parked car.
The prosecutor alleges that he was visiting his father's house when he removed the gun from a bedroom. Both boys were playing in the car when the weapon was fired.

The boy was charged with manslaughter and felony firearm possession.
“I cannot remember a time where we have charged someone so young with taking a life,” Wayne County Prosecutor Kym L. Worthy said in a statement, according to Detroit CBS News.
“Very unfortunately and very tragically, the alleged facts in this case demanded it. The charged respondent here will remain in the juvenile system, but the case remains under investigation. As a result of that, I will not say more at this time.”
It was reported during the trial that the boy wasn't active in school at the time of the shooting. - IRISH Independent

Comments

Popular Posts

Justin Bieber takes front cover of GQ Magazine

Nice...

What the hell...

Return of batman??

Dangote acquires 16,000 hectares for commercial farming in Jigawa

The Dangote Group on Thursday said it had concluded arrangements to develop 16,000 hectares of land for commercial farming in Kafin-Hausa Local Government Area of Jigawa State. The representative of the company, Femi Afolabi, said this during a community sensitisation exercise in Kafin-Hausa. Afolabi said the company would develop 15,000 hectares for rice cultivation, while 1,000 hectares had been earmarked for construction of a modern rice mill. He said another 10,000 hectares of land would also be developed for seed out-grower farm, adding that the measure was to encourage production of quality seed. According to him, the company will spend about $250 million on the project, which will generate about 50,000 jobs among rural dwellers. Breaking down the figures, Afolabi explained that $150 million was earmarked for rice cultivation in Kafin-Hausa, while $100 million was for industrial sugarcane production in Kaugama. He said the company had made adequate arrangements to ens...