Skip to main content

Abductors of Lagos bishop, wife reduce ransom to N10m

Kidnappers of the Bishop of the Lagos Central Diocese of the African Church, Rt. Rev. Gabriel Adebanjo, and his wife, Dorcas, have reduced the ransom to N10m.

SUNDAY PUNCH learnt that the church had already organised prayers for the prompt release of the duo, who were kidnapped in Warri, Delta State.
Our correspondent had reported that the bishop and his wife had gone to Delta on December 5 to attend an adult harvest programme, which was supposed to hold the following day, but they never made it to their destination.
They had got to Effurum Junction, where they met a fire outbreak at a pipeline that had been vandalised, which necessitated the diversion of traffic.
They reportedly took another route and on their way, they stopped over at a party organised by a member of the House of Representatives.
They had just left the gathering when they were kidnapped and their driver shot in the hand and leg.
The kidnappers were said to have put the couple in a vehicle they brought and drove off.
The kidnappers, who initially made contact with the church to demand the sum of N100m, had reduced their demand to N50m and later to N20m.
The church’s spokesperson, Mr. Femi Adetona, told our correspondent on Saturday that the driver had been transferred to National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi, where he was recuperating.
He added that the kidnappers had agreed to collect N10m, while wondering where the church would get the money from.
He said, “We spoke with the kidnappers this morning and they have agreed to collect N10m. But the money is still too much. Where do we get the money from?
“Fervent prayers are ongoing in all the dioceses of The African Church nationwide for a quick release, especially at the monthly prayer meeting of the church which held at the church’s Solution Camp in Abeokuta over the weekend.”
The Delta State Police Public Relations Officer, Mrs. Celestina Kalu, when contacted, said she had yet to be briefed on any development on the case.
She said, “I have not got any update yet on the kidnap. I will get back to you as soon as I have anything on it.”

Comments

Popular Posts

Justin Bieber takes front cover of GQ Magazine

Nice...

Dangote acquires 16,000 hectares for commercial farming in Jigawa

The Dangote Group on Thursday said it had concluded arrangements to develop 16,000 hectares of land for commercial farming in Kafin-Hausa Local Government Area of Jigawa State. The representative of the company, Femi Afolabi, said this during a community sensitisation exercise in Kafin-Hausa. Afolabi said the company would develop 15,000 hectares for rice cultivation, while 1,000 hectares had been earmarked for construction of a modern rice mill. He said another 10,000 hectares of land would also be developed for seed out-grower farm, adding that the measure was to encourage production of quality seed. According to him, the company will spend about $250 million on the project, which will generate about 50,000 jobs among rural dwellers. Breaking down the figures, Afolabi explained that $150 million was earmarked for rice cultivation in Kafin-Hausa, while $100 million was for industrial sugarcane production in Kaugama. He said the company had made adequate arrangements to ens...

Check out how Uc Graphic photo came to be

These are the people behind the amazing designs you see on UC Browser. Say hi and let them know your suggestions!