Skip to main content

Zidane was great, but I only had eyes for Riquelme - Pastore


Paris Saint-Germain attacker Javier Pastore has spoken of the influence Zinedine Zidane and Juan Roman Riquelme had on his preferred playing style during his childhood.

The Argentine provided the second highest number of assists in Ligue 1 last season with 12 - a number bettered only by former Marseille man Dimitri Payet.
Pastore admits the final pass is the part of the game he cherishes the most and revealed the two men who he looked up to as a youngster.
"I have always worshipped playmakers. The elegance of Zidane influenced me a lot, but, when I was small, I only had eyes for Riquelme," Pastore toldLe Journal du Dimanche.
"I watched - with my eyes glued to the television screen - the relationship he created with his striker. Through him, I discovered the gesture I love the most: the pass. He was an idol in South America.
"He revived the role of the central playmaker. I am very far from his influence on the game. I long to get as close as possible."
Despite an impressive 2014-15 at the Parc des Princes, Pastore has started just five of PSG's nine Ligue 1 fixtures this season.
"I do not understand but I have to accept it and work more to convince him to bring me back into the starting line-up for the Champions League," Pastore added.
"I'm in Paris to participate in big events, so hopefully I will start against Real Madrid [on October 21].
"My statistics are satisfactory but I have to score more. In the last three league games I made three assists, but the coach still put me on the bench against [Shakhtar] Donetsk."
The Argentine's ultimate goal, however, is to enjoy success in Europe with PSG.
"It would be a stain on my career here not to lift the Champions League," Pastore said.
"The club has done everything to provide the means."

Comments

Popular Posts

OMG! Small Children Rocking Themselves In Intimate Dance At A Party

Underage kids were video here dancing erotically to an equally indecent music at a children's party. After watching this video, I was was more than convinced that we are the last generation of homo sapiens (wise man/woman), the next generation are just evolving into some species that will shake everything we call values.

Apprentice Allegedly Kidnaps Her Boss' 2-Year-Old Son In Lagos

A fashion design apprentice identified as Ayomide has allegedly abducted her boss's 2 year old son David Sunday Ushie pictured above at the boy's mother's fashion designing shop located in Ajegunle. This happened on Thursday September 17th.

Yemi Osibanjo Wishes President Muhammadu Buhari A Merry Christmas

The tweet came in yesterday at 3:27 PM. The Vice President tweeted: "I do hope that you still find time to reflect on the miracle of Christmas to lift your spirit and that of your family. God bless you and God bless our great Nation."