Skip to main content

I didn’t do liposuction –Lepacious Bose



Comedienne Lepacious Bose didn’t become popular solely because of her talents when it comes to making people laugh, her weight also added to the reason she is known all over. Indeed, Bose was big.

For somebody who used to weigh well over 200kg, it really came as a shock to many seeing Bose losing close to 80kg.
The obvious weight loss made a lot of people generally surmise the comedienne must have undergone liposuction in order to shed off some of her weight.
She told Saturday Beats that although she considered having a liposuction, she did not go through with it because of the risk involved. She said that it took her about a year and half to lose 70kg.
“Nothing motivated me to begin a weight loss programme. It was just time and I felt like doing something different. I like it when people speculate that I went for liposuction but the truth of the matter is that it took me a year and half to lose 70kg. If a liposuction can achieve that, then I should not pay that kind of doctor because a liposuction works faster. If it took me one and a half years to lose 70kg, then I wasted my money on the doctor. It occurred to me to perform liposuction and I spoke to the doctors about it. They told me that at the end of the surgery, I would still have to do exercises, discipline myself and change my diet. So if at the end of the day I am still going to do all that, then why should I opt for liposuction? It is not always about money. I have heard that sometimes liposuction procedure could go wrong, sometimes some people are unlucky and I did not want to risk that. Changing a few habits helps to lose weight, it is not as difficult as people think it is. The most difficult part is to see the result. If you do not see results, you would not feel encouraged to continue.
“I advise anyone that when they start a diet, do not tell anybody because they would discourage you. When you do it at your pace and you are not under any pressure, you will be happy when you see the result. A lot of people did not know that I was losing weight until it began to yield results. I did not change my dressing, I was still wearing big clothes and that is the beauty of it. That is why some people think I went for surgery because in their eyes, the change was drastic but it took me one and a half years to lose 70kg. My close friends know that it is a change in my lifestyle” she said.
The comedienne affirmed that for over 15 years, she was unable to tuck in her shirt because her big belly would make her look ridiculous.
She said, “I had not tucked in my shirt for over 15 years. When you are fat with a big tummy, you would not want to tuck your shirt in because you would look ridiculous. As I have lost weight, I look trim and nice and I can afford to tuck my shirt in. Weight loss is a lifelong process. I was weighing about 200kg before. It is not something that I can change within six months and that is the problem with a lot of people. They want to do a quick fix. You cannot gather over 200kg of fat all your life and hope to lose it in six months. It is a process and I gave myself a three-year plan.”
Lepacious Bose admitted that her weight loss is a true test of her career because she is known to make a lot of jokes about fat people being one herself.
“Lepacious Bose is a brand that I built over the years and it is not just a brand that has to do with being fat. It was just a fat person playing around being fat. The question is, is Lepacious Bose funny? Can she be funny about other topics? I used to start my performance with fat jokes just to get people’s attention but I was not talking about being fat alone. My weight loss is the true test of my comedy career. Can I survive without fat jokes? We are all going to see how that plays out. The thing is that you can never run out of fat jokes because you can always crack a joke about life as a fat person and a slim person. It all has to do with how to sustain the brand,” she said.

Comments

Popular Posts

OMG! Small Children Rocking Themselves In Intimate Dance At A Party

Underage kids were video here dancing erotically to an equally indecent music at a children's party. After watching this video, I was was more than convinced that we are the last generation of homo sapiens (wise man/woman), the next generation are just evolving into some species that will shake everything we call values.

Wahala! Arsenal facing investigation after fans ripped up Tottenham hoardings at White Hart Lane

A section of Arsenal fans are set to face an investigation from the police and the Football Association after tearing down hoardings at White Hart Lane following Wednesday's League Cup victory over Tottenham.

Egypt pull out of 2015 All African Games football event

The north African country have withdrawn from the football events of Brazzaville 2015 according to the Confederation of African Football Egypt have withdrawn from participating in the men and women’s football events of the 2015 All African Games billed for Brazzaville in September.