Ad By UC Browser

Sunday, 14 June 2015

#Sad: Family loses 3, to inferno in Lagos state

Three children of the same parents on Saturday night died in an inferno that destroyed their three-room, self-contained apartment in the Egbeda-Akowonjo area of Lagos State.

The fire, said to be caused by a candle light, occurred around 10pm at 20, Fakoya Street, Vulcaniser Bus Stop, Egbeda, Akowonjo.

The inferno was said to have left the three kids, identified as Ifeoma, nine; Emeka, seven; and Udeoma, three, dead.

The Director of Lagos State Fire Service, Razak Fadipe, confirmed this to the News Agency of Nigeria in Lagos on Sunday.

Fadipe explained that the fire broke after the father of the children had gone to check his wife, the mother of the children, in the hospital, where she had just given birth to their fourth child.

He added that the fire service was not called to the scene on time, and advised people to stop the use of candle to light their house.

“We got a distress call and when we got there, we discovered that, it was a building that was on fire.

“The fire was caused by a candle, which was lit by their father, while he went to see his wife and the family’s new baby in the hospital,” he said.

Fadipe said the charred body of the dead children had been removed and deposited in a mortuary by the police from Shasha Division.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments with us..