Skip to main content

'I'm not interested!' - Neville dismisses Man Utd reports


Gary Neville has revealed he does not see himself coaching Manchester United in the future.

The 40-year-old, who was appointed as Valencia coach in his first senior position earlier this month, came through the Old Trafford academy and spent 19 years at the club.
But despite taking his first step into management, the former England right-back does not see himself returning to United in a managerial capacity in the future and is simply focused on helping his new club develop.
"No, I don't see myself managing Manchester United at all. I know what I want to do in my life, and that's not something that's in my mind," Neville toldSky Sports.
"From my point of view, coaching Valencia is important for me and a valuable experience. I'm aware I need to succeed. Succeeding for me would be knowing these players have improved dramatically.
"Results come and go, I know we're in a results-driven business, but I have never looked at football like that since I've finished playing.
"I did when I was a player. As a part-owner of Salford City, I think about moving forward in the next five, 10 years." READ MORE| OFFICIAL: Man Utd are in crisis
Valencia suffered Champions League elimination in the Englishman's first game at the helm in midweek, losing 2-0 to Lyon in a defensively vulnerable performance.
Neville insists he will continue to play in an attacking style but wants his team to be able to play under a variety of tactics.
"I want a front-foot team, one that pressurizes and wins the ball as high up the pitch as possible," he added.
"One that plays quickly, with a high tempo. One that goes forward, but with a little bit more sense than we did against Lyon.
"But I'd prefer that be that way than with a group of older players that drop towards their own box. I can work with that, the intent is there to attack, to do the positives things.
"We can always come back, rather than thinking we've got to push them up the pitch, which is the hardest thing to do.
"There are some coaches who have a huge emphasis on possession. I have a huge emphasis on possession but I like to counter-attack as well.
"So I don't say I'm a possession coach or counter-attack. I'm not a one-style coach."

Comments

Popular Posts

OMG! Small Children Rocking Themselves In Intimate Dance At A Party

Underage kids were video here dancing erotically to an equally indecent music at a children's party. After watching this video, I was was more than convinced that we are the last generation of homo sapiens (wise man/woman), the next generation are just evolving into some species that will shake everything we call values.

Apprentice Allegedly Kidnaps Her Boss' 2-Year-Old Son In Lagos

A fashion design apprentice identified as Ayomide has allegedly abducted her boss's 2 year old son David Sunday Ushie pictured above at the boy's mother's fashion designing shop located in Ajegunle. This happened on Thursday September 17th.

Alleged N108bn fraud: EFCC confiscates Governor Akpabio’s wife’s school

A school allegedly belonging to Unoma Akpabio, the wife of the immediate past governor of Akwa Ibom State, Godswill Akpabio, has been seized by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission. It was learnt that the seizure was part of investigations into the former governor who has been accused of alleged N108bn fraud during his tenure from 2007 to 2015. One of our correspondents who visited the school, St. John Paul II School, in Shelter Afrique, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, observed that the school had been marked “under investigation by EFCC.” It was learnt that the EFCC resorted to marking the school instead of shutting it so that innocent parents and students who had paid school fees would not be adversely affected.