Skip to main content

‘I Am Ready To Succeed Oba Sijuade As Ooni of Ife ‘ – Oduduwa University Proprietor Declares


The proprietor of Oduduwa University, situated in Ipetumodu, Ile-Ife, Osun State,Dr Rahmon Adegoke Adedoyin, has declared his readiness to ascend the exalted stool of the Ooni of Ife.
This comes Barely three weeks after the reported death and just a day after the funeral of the late Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuade.

Adedoyin is a prince from the Agbedegbede/Oshinkola Akui Ruling House of Ile-Ife.
In an interview with Nigerian newspaper, Vanguard, Adedoyin talks about his capacity to serve as the next Ooni of Ife.
“Some elders are already encouraging me to do it. You know I was close to Oba Okunade Sijuwade. I got a lot of tutelage from him. I never expected that it (Oba Okunade’s death) would happen so soon. I feel that I should retire as an Ooni of Ife in the future.”
Adedoyin further laid a basis for his qualification to be the next Ooni. He said“In Ile-Ife, historically, Ajagun, the late Ademiluyi, pointed to the late Adesoji Aderemi as his successor while he was still alive. Similarly, Oba Adesoji Aderemi, while alive, pointed to Prince Okunade Sijuwade then as his successor while alive. While Oba Okunade Sijuwade was alive, he pointed to myself, Rahmon Adedoyin, as his successor.”
“I am not desperate to become the Ooni. I am sure you know I have plenty commitments being a proprietor of two universities and two polytechnics. I need not tell you I have commitments, I want to drop all and serve Ife.”
Concerning his plans for the ancient Yoruba town, Adedoyin said that having lived all his life in Ile-Ife notwithstanding the fact that he also has a university in the United States and other business interests elsewhere, he knows the problems in Ile-Ife and he has plans to solve them.
Adedoyin who currently holds the title of ‘Maye of Ife’, conferred on him by Oba Okunade Sijuade, equally promised not to allow tribal wars or crisis in whatever form if he becomes the next Ooni of Ife.
“Ooni is the world acclaimed leader of the Yoruba nation. He is the traditional leader of the Yoruba people. As Ooni, I will identify with political leaders, spiritual, business leaders, etc. I will try not to interfere in politics.”

Comments

Popular Posts

OMG! Small Children Rocking Themselves In Intimate Dance At A Party

Underage kids were video here dancing erotically to an equally indecent music at a children's party. After watching this video, I was was more than convinced that we are the last generation of homo sapiens (wise man/woman), the next generation are just evolving into some species that will shake everything we call values.

Apprentice Allegedly Kidnaps Her Boss' 2-Year-Old Son In Lagos

A fashion design apprentice identified as Ayomide has allegedly abducted her boss's 2 year old son David Sunday Ushie pictured above at the boy's mother's fashion designing shop located in Ajegunle. This happened on Thursday September 17th.

Yemi Osibanjo Wishes President Muhammadu Buhari A Merry Christmas

The tweet came in yesterday at 3:27 PM. The Vice President tweeted: "I do hope that you still find time to reflect on the miracle of Christmas to lift your spirit and that of your family. God bless you and God bless our great Nation."