Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Boko Haram attack on Nigerian village leaves 151 dead



A Boko Haram attack in a northeast Nigerian village left at least 151 people dead last week, with many drowning as they attempted to flee across a river.

About 140 people died in the river near the village of Yadin Kukuwa and 11 were killed after they were shot by the Islamist militants on August 13, said residentg Tasiu Sammani.
News of the attack was delayed as phone masts in the area had been destroyed in previous raids.
"They came in large numbers on motorcycles and cars, raided our town and shot people," said Tanimu Magaji, another resident who had taken refuge in the city of Damaturu.

No comments: